Thursday, October 8, 2020

October 7,20 38 weeks

Hello everyone 

I hope you are doing OK. I looked through my journal and it’s a little boring I’ve more or less written nothing on several days.  We have had a few member appointments this week. The families have been very nice to us.  I appreciate their kindness but we are more or less  doing the same old things, which is sad to say not much. Not speaking much German.  

We did spend  time at the chapel on Saturday evening and Sunday evening as we watched General conference.  We have not watched Sunday afternoon yet but hope we can do that soon.   I really liked President Dallin Oaks message. I think it was very powerful. We should remember the worth of others and remind ourselves that we are all Gods children. We should try to rise above judging or having anger towards our enemies. 

Today was a good day we had district council and met with some of the other elders in our district.  That was nice to have something else different to do. We had a strange thing happened as we were traveling today we met a lady on the side of the road. She was feeding the birds and was sad because one of the birds had died. She told us it had been poisoned. I am not sure she was all there because she was saying some wild crazy things - the bird lady.

 We saw a girl that lives by us that we see quite often on the train or at the bus stop. We tried to say hi to her.  When we talked to her, we found out she doesn’t speak very good German. She spook Spanish and a little English.    We had hoped she might be interested in the church but we think she was just interested in us not as missionaries but as young men her same age - we now try to avoid her. Ha ha

I have enjoyed reading the Saints book in my spare time and it’s been fun to learn about the church history. Well here’s to another week! 
Love Elder Carson Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

50 THINGS I LEARNED ON MY MISSION

50 Things I learned on my Mission   Elder Brown           1- Probably the most important thing I've learned on my mission is how much  I...