Friday, November 6, 2020

November 6, 2020 week 42

 Hello

It has been a good week.  We had zone conference and then Halloween.  We had fun carving pumpkins, hanging out at the church, and walking around during the day.  This last Sunday they restricted the numbers that could come to church so the ward divided and so only 20 members were there.  It was fast and testimony meeting and so almost everyone in the congregation got up to the podium.  We had District council on Tuesday and then several member visits during the week.   Those have gone really well. I am enjoying meeting with the families in the ward but I still do not say much or participate in the lesson.    On Tuesday for P-day we went on another hike - It was super cloudy and so I did not get any good pictures.  We took a gondola up to this peak and we could not see anything.  Even if Elder Benge got 10 feet in front of me I could not see him.  We ate at the restaurant at the top.  I thought it was going to be fancy but it was ham, sauerkraut  and potatoes.  It was fun just to hang out with Elder Benge.  Next week we have transfers and I am super worried about my new assignment.  I did have an interview with President and I am relieved that I will not be a trainer.  I will keep working on my German and hopefully be ready to take that assignment on next transfer.   I am still discouraged that we can not make contacts and we do not have a lot to do with our time. We are encouraged to do Facebook and I struggle to do that and find value.  We will receive 10 new missionaries this next week that have been in Preston England MTC for a two week quarantine.  President told us that every two weeks our mission will be getting new missionaries.  These will be the first missionaries to enter our mission since my group that came in on February 28.  We are doing splits today so I had time to write this while hanging out at the other Elders apartment.  Love you and miss you.  I think I and happier and staying more positive. 

Love Elder Carson Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 THINGS I LEARNED ON MY MISSION

50 Things I learned on my Mission   Elder Brown           1- Probably the most important thing I've learned on my mission is how much  I...