Monday, March 2, 2020

Week 7 - First in the Field 3/3/20

First Week in the Field – so last Tuesday we woke up early at the President Brown home. It was epic that I woke up I was exhausted. We had breakfast and short lesson and then went to train station.  That is where I said good bye to my MTC partners Elder Cockerill, and Elder Gallacher, they are both going to Switzerland, and  I  meet my trainer Elder Porter.  I can’t believe how good he is.  We rode a train to Augsburg and then had to walk a long way to another train station with my luggage and then short train ride to apartment. 

 After unpacking we went finding. We went to a city center and I was surprised a lot of people were just stopping to talk to us.  We walked through some old churches and it was way cool. We had a long conversation with an old lady, we went into the library and sat and talked to her for an hour.  We got her contact information and gave her a Book of Mormon. 

Wednesday we gave a lesson to a guy – Ibrahem.  Elder Porter taught the lesson but I could kind of understand the conversation. He asked us if we could meet again. The lesson was just talking to get to know him. He was cool and super nice. I got groceries and they all fit in my backpack. Not mom’s Costco trip. Hope all my days are this good. 

I really like Elder Porter. As we are talking we are finding we have a lot in common, I can’t believe how similar we are. I played some Skyrim instrumental music and he showed me he had the same album on his phone.  
We meet with the sister missionaries in our district and they were really cool. So in my Augsburg district there is just one elder companionship, one sister companionship and a senior couple.  We went to visit the sister because they were both sick.  They wanted a blessing.  So I gave my first missionary priesthood blessing.  I was freaking out but it went really well. I felt the spirit and it was really cool. It was a good day I really felt the spirit as I was giving this blessing.  Sister Smith is from St. George so fun to have that in common. 

Monday we did findings at the Augsburg street display. It was the most fun I’ve had yet. We got to meet some other Elders from a different district and we kept really busy.  I would stop people and say something and then the other elders would take over. The one elder with us Elder Wiser -everyone said he looks like the actor Zac Efron.  We had fun joking around, the other elder, Elder Ilkov looks like actor Rami Malek.  I am excited because we have had several people stop and talk to us and they have given us their digits.   I can’t believe this but I can understand a lot of people and conversations in German. I think I had really low expectations but excited I can kind of understand.   
I miss the gym and know I am losing weight but I guess that is ok.  We did some running for our sport time and I think that will be good.  Elder Porter is good to cook for me and I try to do all the clean up.  It is weird how everything goes into recycle bins including left over food or bio-degradable waste.  Weird.   
Have a good week
Love Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

50 THINGS I LEARNED ON MY MISSION

50 Things I learned on my Mission   Elder Brown           1- Probably the most important thing I've learned on my mission is how much  I...